Friday, October 9, 2009

A halfway decent fire show....

In this day and age, the collision between reality and fiction is very apparent in the media...many of the dramas "mimic" reality, but still fall far short. And, for some reason, writers can't get a Fire/EMS show "just right." Not that I'm bashing "Rescue Me" (it is entertaining), but shows like "COPS" have been running for years while shows like "The Bravest" lasted about ten shows.

BET has a new series called "First In" that I just happened upon. It is about some firefighters in Compton, CA....you can watch the episodes on their site (http://www.bet.com/video/shows/FirstIn) or tune in Wednesday nights. Really, it isn't too bad of a show.

Fox Reality starts a new season of "The Academy" at the end of October by following a recruit class with the Orange County, CA Fire Academy. It should be interesting...I always enjoyed the original series when they ran with the LA County Sheriff. (http://www.foxreality.com/theacademy/#/index)

Of course, you can always watch "The Battalion" (www.thebattalion.tv) on the Internet. It has improved some over the past year or so...I got a little tired of the response footage, as I do that every day. I also got a little tired of the medical calls....I do that every day, also....just show me some fire, and I'll be happy!

No comments:

Followers